martedì 7 febbraio 2012

Legal alien (Alien) in Maracaibo

Few days ago, in class we listened to a song from an British singer called Sting. The song's name is Englishman in New York, released in 1987, and it's one of the most famous songs of this singer and one of the best in the history of British Rock. In class we read the lyrics and discussed about it. Reading the lyrics I toke and especial phrase of this song: "I'm alien, I'm a legal alien, am a English man in New York", and I said to myself "I'm an alien (Alien) in Maracaibo, Am a legal Alien in Maracaibo".

To be honest, I listened many times to this song but didn't pay too much attention to the lyrics until now. In this song there are a few sentences that really made me feel related. One of then was “If, Manners maketh man" as someone said Then he's the hero of the day It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile Be yourself no matter what they say”. I think this sentence is the perfect one to describe myself.

People like me have good manners and is our nature to have good attitude and modals, people like me don't yell or insult others and show respect at any time to everyone. It isn't an obligation or something that we "have to do", it's our nature; but some people in this city see that like a rare way to be.

Sometimes we have to smile (and suffer) the ignorance , eat our wildest part and swallow the anger. It's better to smile and keep walking our way, "be your self, no matter what they say". May be we are Aliens for them and they don't seem humans for me.

If you want to see the video this is the link: Englishman in New York


Live long and prosper!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento